Saturday, May 7, 2011


It can get me down a little spending the day turning people down for representation when I know how much they want it, getting rejections for clients that I have to pass on to them. They get a few rejections, but I get a LOT of them. I record Gaither programs and later in the afternoon when it starts getting to me put one on. They really pick my spirits up.

I had one on today and they were talking to Linda Randle. Someone asked her "How did you get with the Gaithers? How did you get established in gospel music?"

She said, "You get with God and God will hook you up where He wants you to be." She said she doesn't care if she is considered the best southern gospel singer but now she just cares if she thinks she is centered in God's will, whatever that is.

That's the best advice I ever heard for a Christian writer when they are worrying about what editor, agent or publisher they need to hook up with. It's terrific. It's good advice for an agent too.

Terry

3 comments:

Anne Love said...

Simple, but true. But getting with God is the road less traveled.

Jason and Emily said...

Excellent reminder! Your job is not an easy one. You take the hits right along with us.
Thanks for all you do!
-Emily

Anna M. Aquino said...

That is so true. I pray that over my writing career and our ministry 'that God would open doors that no man can open and close the doors He wants closed', on a regular basis. It's not easy to hear all the no's but deep down if someone is mature in the Lord they want what God wants. You don't have an easy job. Thank you for what you do, and keep hearing the voice of God for all of us writers who keep trying and trying. Smiles. :-)